Are you interested in pursuing an education that will prepare you for the job market of the future? Then come along to this year’s Bond University Open Day.
Bond’s annual Open Day will kick off at 2pm this Saturday, 27 July, with a stack of must-see events happening throughout the day.
Bond eSports open for business
The brand-new Bond University eSports Hub will be open for the first time to the public on Open Day with local Bond eSports teams battling it out in a League of Legends competition from 4pm.
Hear from Associate Professor of Computer Games, Dr James Birt, at 4.30pm all about eSports, why we now have a team at Bond and the aim of the new eSports Hub for Bond Sport and research.
Launch of ground-breaking new programs
Visitors to Open Day will have the chance to learn about an exciting new suite of programs we’ll be offering in 2020, geared towards equipping students to embrace jobs and professions of the future in cutting-edge areas. It’s our mission to transform graduates, helping them to become accomplished problem-solvers, innovators, design thinkers and entrepreneurs as they take on global challenges.
The new programs will be officially unveiled at the Transforming Graduates For The Future presentation, which kicks off at 3.30pm in the ADCO Amphitheatre.
Get up close and personal with our Bondies
Open Day will also provide the chance for future students to explore options, get a feel for the campus and culture, and talk one-on-one with expert lecturers, current students and alumni about what it's like to study at Bond.
There will be an array of information seminars and opportunities to learn more about the range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and programs, diplomas and non-award programs on offer through Bond’s faculties and specialised programs, such as the Transformer program:
- Find out why the Bond Business School (BBS) stands out in the Australian landscape and get your questions answered about the school’s programs, including Accounting, Economics and Finance, Actuarial Science, Big Data, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, International Business Management, and Marketing.
- At the Faculty of Health Sciences and & Medicine (HSM), visitors can check out the anatomy lab, see science experiments in action, learn how Occupational Therapy is changing people’s lives, and take part in health screenings & physical testing.
- Head to the Faculty of Society & Design (FSD) where you’ll see a live demonstration from our Architectural robot, take part in film & TV studio tours, plus have the opportunity to meet and speak with key academics from areas such as Creative Media, Criminology, Psychology and PR.
- See how a real trial unfolds when the Faculty of Law hold a Mock Trial, then see a mooting demonstration from some of our current students, before hearing from our law academics and program specialists to learn more about degrees, life on campus and applying the skills of the law.
- Sport and fitness is part of Bond’s DNA so whether you’re a weekend warrior or an elite athlete, be sure to find out more about the University’s many sports clubs and take a tour of the huge range of world-class facilities that make up the Sports Centre and outdoor sporting precinct.
The Parent's Lounge will be set-up all day with specialised Bond staff available to answer any questions families might have about facilities, degrees and graduate opportunities at Bond. In addition, there will be university staff who will be in the Parent's Lounge throughout the day to speak with parents about their children's individual needs. Complimentary tea, coffee and drinks will be available.
But it’s not all information sessions and campus tours.
Get festive with live music, food trucks and fireworks
What makes Bond’s Open Day so unique is its friendly festival feel, with the event being held at twilight and culminating in a live music performance from electronic and world music tour-de-force, Tijuana Cartel at 6pm, followed by a breathtaking fireworks display at 7pm.
For those unable to make it to this year’s Open Day in person, Bond will be offering a special Open Day Live program. From anywhere in the world - and from the comfort of their computer or smart device - prospective students can experience personalised guided campus tours, information sessions, exclusive interviews, explore study options and have their questions answered in real-time. You can tune-in via Facebook, YouTube, or on our website.
Bond’s Open Day will be held on Saturday, July 27 from 2pm-6pm.
Prospective students can register and create a tailored program based on their interests by visiting bond.edu.au/open-day